Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Day 6 - 'Getting out of the comfort zone' Challenge

Day 6

Challenge: Persuade an employee to let you buy something for less than it costs. Try for at least 60
seconds.
Super Challenge: Try to get an item for free (success isn’t important, try to have fun with it).

Feeling before: I didn't want to do it and I didn't have a lot of time today. But this month no excuses and I'm not allowed to skip a day. I did 2 market places.

First one I took an old red 6$ t-shirt and went to pay. She says "6.71$ please". I say "ok but can I have it for free? That T shirt is not that great anyway". She looked at me weird, laughed and said "why would you want it for free?" (if you try this challenge I guarantee they will ask why you want it for free). I said idk I'm poor and you look cool. Now I made the mistake to ask to talk for a higher placed employee to negotiate. They all looked really confused. It was random but I left laughing my ass off.

2nd one was a drug store and I asked to get a chocolate box for 5$ instead of 8. Same question ("why?") and she was confused. Of course I couldn't get the item but I negotiated in both scenarios more than a 60 seconds.

Feeling after: Happy and I feel like everyday I'm growing. Only day 6 and there's an improvement. I'm less awkward, I'm starting to say whatever is on my mind and I give less and less fucks. Everything is fine 

No comments:

Post a Comment