Monday, February 1, 2016

Day 1 - 'Getting out of the comfort zone' 30 Day Challenge

Getting out of comfort zone: The Simple 30 Challenge

Goal: getting out of comfort zone 30 days in a row 

Day 1: Call at least 3 random businesses and tell them a joke, then try to start a small conversation with them. Get them to tell you a joke back.


Feeling before: Nervous. I don't know which joke to tell. Also, it's late and workers are tired. I'll still try to make them laugh.


Feeling after: Business #1: McDonalds. She didn't take my joke badly, she actually laughed. I didn't get her to tell me a joke back, though. I feel a little more confident.

Business #2: Walmart. I tried with a really lame joke. She didn't laugh and asked me if I called only for that. I said no, that I'd like to know a little bit about her and also I'd like a joke back. She hung up. I'm starting to have fun though!

Business #3: Sears. Wow! Extremely kind employee. Maybe I got lucky? or people aren't as bad as I thought. He laughed at my joke, we talked about electronics and he wanted to tell me a joke back but he didn't have any. So I told him another quick joke before hanging up and I asked his name.

Feels good for a last call. Either way, I'm proud of what I did. Next up, tomorrow: ask 3 random girls for a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment